Budding Branch Landscape & Design is a residential landscape design, construction and seasonal maintenance company serving Howard County, Maryland and the surrounding areas, including Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, and Montgomery counties. Owner Rob Boswell and professional landscape designer Heath Skelton take pride in creating truly customized, thoughtful landscapes for their clients. Your landscape is the first feature of your home everyone sees from the street and the place where everyone gathers in the back and should complement the scale and style of your home, add value, and provide enjoyment for years. In over 20 years of experience in designing and installing landscapes, each design we’ve created was envisioned, planned and executed to meet that customer’s unique needs.
- When you contact us, we will set up an initial meeting with Heath, our landscape designer and/or Rob, the company owner and project manager. At the initial meeting and consultation, we introduce ourselves and tell you about our company and get to know you and your goals for your landscape project. We explain our design and project management process, discuss ideas for your project, budget considerations, and whether you need to have a master plan drawn up for your property, a design for a specific project, or just a proposal for a project that doesn’t require a design. We may ask for a plat plan of your property and determine special site considerations such as drainage, building restriction lines, septic areas, etc. and take measurements, notes, and photographs.
- If you decide on a master plan or a project design, a preliminary design is created, incorporating your ideas and site considerations, to show you potential concepts, spatial planning, and materials. In additional to your ideas and wishes, we take into consideration the scale and style of the house, existing landscape elements, site requirements, permit requirements, and budget. We will meet to present the preliminary design, and, based on your feedback, we will refine the design ideas and move forward with the final design.
- At the presentation of the final design or master plan, you will receive a more detailed drawing, a proposal with selected materials and phases of the project to be completed, and an estimated start and completion time for the project. If you selected a master plan for your property, the plan can be completed in stages or all at once, depending on your budget and time requirements. If you decide to move forward with the project, we will require a signed proposal and a deposit so that materials can be purchased and necessary permits can be obtained. Your project will be added to our schedule, and you will be contacted by the owner and project manager Rob Boswell before the start of your project.
- Owner and project manager Rob Boswell will coordinate your project including obtaining all necessary permits, hand-selecting and ordering materials, coordinating the delivery of materials to the job site, working with and managing the experienced Budding Branch landscaping crew, communicating and coordinating with other professional tradesmen, and making sure our company’s rigorous standards are upheld. You won’t have to worry about communicating with all the different tradesmen or trying to coordinate the various aspects of the project. Rob will do all that and be your single point of contact for any questions or concerns. Of course, your designer Heath will also be available throughout the project. You can have confidence that the job will be done right with your custom-tailored design and the owner of the company in charge.
- During installation, we strive to keep the job site as neat as possible on a daily basis. We don’t consider the job complete until all the construction debris and any trash is removed, the driveway is clean, and any disturbed areas are repaired. When your landscape project is complete, we’ll walk you through the project and make sure you understand how to care for your new landscape. If there are any questions or concerns, we will work to address your concerns openly and honestly.
- To protect your investment and to keep your new landscape looking and functioning at its best, we recommend and offer seasonal maintenance of plants and planting beds, lighting check-ups, patio cleaning and re-sealing and other landscape care services.
See how thoughtful design can improve your landscape and add value to your home.
Contact us or call (410) 442-8208 today, and let Budding Branch Landscape & Design help you perfect “the art of outdoor living”! We serve Howard County, Carroll County, Baltimore County, Frederick County, Anne Arundel County as well as Clarksville, Ellicott City, Glenwood, Glenelg, Cooksville, Fulton, Olney & Brookville.